VEGAN DILL PICKLES
Pickles so good you’ll never crave store bought again!
At farmers markets I always passed over the pickling cucumbers, intimidated by not knowing what to do with them. Finally this summer I tackled my little fear and took some home to make my very own jar of vegan dill pickles. I am so glad I did, it’s honestly the greatest thing ever😋!
Even if you aren’t much into dill, you can take this simple recipe and recreate your own favorite pickle flavors, it’s just too easy. You can make them sweet, savory, or spicy all you really have to do is combine a few of your favorite ingredients! I like them sweet and my better half likes them bitter so we compromised on a yummy balance of the two and both find ourselves standing in the kitchen chomping away at these babies!
If anything it is a great way to eat fresher food with less preservatives, save money, and have a little fun experimenting in the kitchen😉!
Pickles are great for:
Once you make your first jar of pickles, you will fall in love with this whole idea and become a pickle producer yourself! They’re so amazing because of how accessible, cheap, and flexible they are! You can literally make your pickles taste like anything you want!!!
⇓ THESE PICKLES ARE ⇓
Ready for the recipe?
A quick and fun way to make pickles at home! Once you see how easy these are to whip up, you'll be creating all kinds of awesome pickle recipes!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp dill seed
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- Slice the cucumbers in the size and shape you desire
- Transfer them into your mason jar along with the garlic and spices
- In a saucepan, heat up the rest of the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved
- Pour hot vinegar liquid over the vegetables and let sit out until reaches room temperature
- Secure with a tight lid and store in the refrigerator
If you can't find dill seed, just use the spice.. I did and they are still dilly good! =D
These yummy pickles will stay fresh in your fridge for a month!
- Recycled 32 oz marinara sauce jar
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any recipes!! @bananaxbro