OIL-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI DOUGHNUTS
Oil-free vegan chocolate chip doughnuts from zucchinis?? I think yes!!
You can whip up brownies from sweet potatoes so why not give zucchinis a go?! This whole foods plant based lifestyle continues to fire my creativity, it’s beyond amazing what you can transform beautiful fresh produce into😁! Even if this particular doughnuts recipe doesn’t suit your personal taste buds, maybe the idea of it will spark enough interest to try your own kitchen experimenting!
Most would allude that these are for dessert only but I think they can totally pass as a snack😉. If you prefer not to use the processed sugar, try using dates instead and they will be even healthier! Friends and family will be jealous to see you eating doughnuts so often, I bet they’ll beg for your secret!
For how sinful they taste, it would seem surprising that these plump chocolaty circles pack such a punch of nutrition! You may start finding any excuse in the world to make them😆! Adding fresh vegetables into your diet even if in the form of doughnuts is a great way to start building a healthier lifestyle and I couldn’t be happier to share a better recipe with you!
Zucchinis are great for:
hydrating the body
protecting against disease
maintaining healthy appetite
Once you try this recipe out yourself, you may find you want a little more carob powder, maybe an extra scoop of sugar. Take this recipe and make it yours because you absolutely need these vegan doughnuts in your life🙌 !
⇓ THIS TREAT IS ⇓
LIGHT ON THE STOMACH✅
SWEET TOOTH SATISFYING✅
Ready for the recipe?
A fun way to turn your favorite summer vegetable into delicious chocolaty doughnuts! You'll be impressing everyone including yourself with how amazing these taste!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini (~1 large)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small dish, mix flax seeds with water and set aside for 5 minutes to make the flax "egg"
- Remove skin of and shred zucchini with a grater or in a food processor
- Stir the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside
- Mix the dry ingredients together into a large bowl
- Add in the flax "egg", milk mixture and vanilla, slowly folding in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips last
- Spoon batter into prepared doughnut pan filling each one until just about full
- Bake anywhere from 18-24 minutes, checking the consistency with a toothpick
- While doughnuts cool, make your powdered sugar icing by slowly whisking it together with the non-dairy milk until the consistency is a creamy like glaze, adding a dash more milk or powdered sugar as needed
- Slather icing on one doughnut at a time and add on favorite toppings like vegan sprinkles or cacao nibs
- Enjoy without guilt!
2858 Calories: 82% of those are carbohydrates (567 g); 5% protein (43 g); 13% fat (41 g)
These macros are according to Cronometer
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any recipes!! @bananaxbro