OIL-FREE VEGAN CORNBREAD MUFFINS
Oil-free vegan cornbread muffins… most certainly the best thing ever!
When cornmeal and Googling ‘what to do with cornmeal’ collide😆… absolute magic happens! After only a few attempts, I have put together the perfect oil-free vegan cornbread muffins recipe you might just fall in love with! These muffins are the ultimate comfort and dipping food that pairs perfectly with just about any meal, time of the day or year… who’s to say? I’m not judging you🙆🏼!
Most people would opt to buy a box version and whip it up according to the label, but those days are over! I’m lazy too but us foodies… we deserve to experience how delicious homemade cornbread tastes😉! And for how healthy they are, this recipe seriously resembles Jiffy cornbread! Except now you’re getting richer ingredients, which not just taste a whole lot better but are more rewarding health wise! Once you make these and see for yourself, I know in my heart that there will be no stopping you❤!
These require normal ingredients you may already have sitting in your cupboards at home. If you have trouble finding cornmeal, just check a Whole Foods or local health food store. You will want to try purchasing organic cornmeal as corn is one of the top GMO crops produced today and it won’t cost that much more for a larger pay off in the long run!
Cornbread is great for:
dipping in gravy
crumbling into chili
warming up the belly
This cornbread recipe is so easy to make I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to try it! These yummy little muffins have entered into my weekly eating routine and I’m loving it! As always, please feel free to make adjustments to your preference🙌!
⇓ THIS TREAT IS ⇓
SOFT AND SWEET✅
EVERYTHING YOU WANT✅
Ready for the recipe?
Everybody wins with warm cornbread! Try this healthy, simple, super yummy cornbread muffin recipe today!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 1 1/2 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour (sub with oat for g/f)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Make flax egg and set to the side
- In a separate bowl combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar, making a "buttermilk" mixture, and set to the side
- Add all the dry ingredients into another bowl and mix until well combined
- Stir in the flax egg, "buttermilk" and maple syrup until just blended
- For each muffin, pour about 2 big tbsp of cornbread batter into the silicon cupcake liners or non-stick muffin tray, dividing evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top
- Enjoy with vegan butter, mashed potatoes and gravy or just as is!
1563 Calories: 85% of those are carbohydrates (310 g); 7% protein (35 g); 8% fat (14 g)
These macros are according to Cronometer
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any recipes!! @bananaxbro