VEGAN CINNAMON APPLESAUCE MUFFINS
Delicious vegan cinnamon applesauce muffins… perfect for snacking, sweet tooth cravings and on-the-go nibbling!
It never fails to amaze me the abundance in creativity that plant-based veganism allows. In the four years I’ve been vegan I can truthfully say I have never had these muffins. Although as soon as I did, I knew I had to share these with the world!
I received inspiration for these from my best friend who has been vegan over 10 years and constantly inspires me to open my mind to new things. This lifestyle makes me creative and open-minded all while reaping huge health benefits, helping the planet and saving cute animals’ lives. There’s nothing I love more than eating good food, so knowing my food choices are helping the world around me gives me purpose and direction. I love being vegan and showing others this beautiful lifestyle!
Now let’s talk muffins. Muffins are so versatile, you can make them sweet or savory, as a meal or on-the-go snack, it’s just too fun… get creative! These are made with applesauce, which is a helpful vegan baking tool to replace eggs. For best results, use about 1/4 cup applesauce per egg you wish to substitute. You won’t lose out on flavor or consistency and will be certainly rewarded with much higher health benefits from a well sourced applesauce versus an animal byproduct.
Cinnamon is a huge headache saver in my house (literally because I don’t have migraines anymore thanks to this spice), and it is because of all the powerful qualities found within this spice that makes it such a profound healer. Cinnamon is considered to be somewhat of a superfood because of all its amazing health benefits. It helps fight off diseases like heart disease, cancer and diabetes, while packing high quality anti-oxidants that help fight off free radicals and slow the aging process. It is an amazing kitchen tool that I dedicate myself to using every single day!
Cinnamon helps with:
fighting off diseases
naturally fresh breath
protecting brain function
⇓ THESE MUFFINS ARE ⇓
SOFT AND SWEET✅
Ready for the recipe?
Quick and easy applesauce muffins that will please any sweet tooth cravings and leave you feeling happy and full with satisfaction!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (sub oat for g/f)
- 1/3 cup cane/coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup chopped apples (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well blended
- Add in the applesauce and slowly stir in the non-dairy milk until well combined
- Mix in the chopped apples, if you so choose
- For each muffin, pour about 2 big tbsp of muffin batter into the silicon cupcake liners or non-stick muffin tray, dividing evenly
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until they are firm to the touch
- Enjoy with vegan cool whip, crumbled on top of ice cream, or as is!
1040 Calories: 85% of those are carbohydrates (208 g); 9% protein (26 g); 6% fat (8 g)
These macros are according to Cronometer
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any recipes!! @bananaxbro